Companions in AWOIAF
- This table is not complete. An empty cell may mean none or not yet known.
|Name||Likes||Dislikes||Upset by||Companion type||Level||Cost||Renown||Personality||Noble|
|Anguy||Gendry, Thoros of Myr||Dick Crabb, Xhondo||Attacking the defenseless||Fighter (archer)||29||16000||Yes|
|Brienne of Tarth||Gendry||Bronn, Ser Illifer the Penniless||Failing quests, fleeing from battles||Fighter, leader||27||17000||405||Upstanding||Yes|
|Bronn||Anguy||Ser Illfer the Penniless||Not paying wages||Fighter||2||1200|
|Bronson Snow||Gendry||Princess Khiarai, Shagga son of Dolf||Fighter||10||Upstanding|
|Crastos||Brienne of Tarth||Syrio Forel||Attacking the defenseless||Tracker, fighter||3||1000||210||Debauched|
|Dacey Mormont||Thoros of Myr||Crastos||Fighter (melee)||27||3500||435||Upstanding||Yes|
|Dick Crabb||Hibald||Anguy, Ser Illfer the Penniless||Engineer, fighter||7||1500|
|Dirk||Dacey Mormont||Princess Khiarai||Not paying wages, fleeing from battle||Fighter||1|
|Gendry||Anguy, Brienne of Tarth||Hibald, Xhondo||Engineer||1||550||Upstanding|
|Hagen the Beautiful||Val||Dick Crabb, Xhondo||Fleeing from battle||Fighter (throwing)||13||270||Good-natured|
|Kurleket||Heavy losses, running out of food||Fighter||5||Event||200|
|Mya Stone||Gendry||Crastos, Shagga Son of Dolf||Looting(9)||13||15000||255||Upstanding|
|Podrick Payne||Brienne of Tarth||None||Attacking the defenseless||Fighter||2||550||Good-natured||Yes|
|Qyburn ²||Xhondo||Shagga son of Dolf, Sylva||Not paying wages, heavy casualties||Surgeon||4||10000|
|Ser Barristan Selmy||Syrio Forel||Bronn||Failing quests, attacking the defenseless, heavy losses||Fighter||38||32000||570||Upstanding||Yes|
|Ser Beron Grey||Mya Stone||Qyburn, Ser Creighton Longbough||7||9000||Upstanding||Yes|
|Ser Creighton Longbough||Ser Illfer the Penniless||Bronn, Shagga son of Dolf||Fighter (mounted)||4||2100|
|Ser Illfer the Penniless||Ser Creighton Longbough||Bronn, Dick Crabb||Fleeing from battles||Figher (mounted)||9||1900||Martial||Yes|
|Ser Shadrich the Mad Mouse||Dacey Mormont||Brienne, Hibald||33||32000||495||Martial||Yes|
|Shagga son of Dolf||Bronn||Ser Creighton Longbough, Qyburn||Not paying wages||Fighter||23||7250|
|Sylva ²||Ser Beron Grey||Qyburn, Ser Shadrich the Mad Mouse||Heavy losses, running out of food||Surgeon||5||9000||210|
|Syrio Forel||Ser Barristan Selmy, Thoros of Myr||Anguy||Running out of food, fleeing from battles, attacking the defenseless||Trainer, fighter||35||16000||540||Upstanding||Yes|
|Thoros of Myr||Anguy||Brienne of Tarth, Qyburn||Surgeon and Fighter||32||18000||480||Martial|
|Val||Brienne of Tarth||Ser Illfer the Penniless, Hibald||Running out of food||Explorer, Emissary, Throwing||11||3800||210||Good-natured|
|Xhondo||Qyburn||Anguy, Gendry||Running out of food, not paying wages||Fighter||10||600|
|Princess Khiarai||Dick Crabb||150,000||Yes|
|Dongo ¹||Wun-Wun||Fighter (Infantry)||42||Quest||630|
|Brog Matter ¹||Reed Matter||Fighter/Leader||49||Quest||Upstanding||Yes|
|Reed Matter ¹||Brog Matter||Fighter/Leader||42||Quest||Upstanding||Yes|
¹ These units equipments cannot be changed.
² These units are like maesters and can heal your injuries.
Units with special recruiting methods
- Kurleket is recruited through a random map event.
- Sam is recruited through a random map event.
- Dongo and Wun-wun are recruited via quest in the north. West of Thenn between a group of trees at Giants Lair (Location). You must be a wilding to recruit them.
- Direwolf can be recruited at the wolf's den. You must be a northman to recruit it.
- Brog Matter can be recruited if you chose to spare him after completing the Bringing a Warlord to Justice quest. You gain access to Bringing a Warlord of Justice quest sometime after reaching over 1,000 renown through a random map event.
- Reed Matter can be recruited after completing the quest Freeing a Brother. You gain access to Freeing a Brother quest after a set amount of time if you completed Bringing a Warlord to Justice quest and chose to spare Brog.
The Kingsguard are a special set of seven potentially recruitable companions. The Kingsguard can be possibly recruited upon freeing them from captivity.
The dialogue for recruiting the Kingsguard only spawns, when they are imprisoned. To potentially recruit them, you need to attack the party or besiege the settlement where they are imprisoned. After winning the battle/siege, you can ask them what they are doing now and if they want to join you. Then they have a 50/50 chance of joining you. that they join you.
See The Kingsguard article for more info.
Companions no longer in AWOIAF
- Ulf (Level 46) - This outlaw companion can be hired along with his mercenary company you can find discovering AWOIAF. (No longer a hero character as of 2.0)
- The Tattered Prince (Level 46) - This Noble companion can be hired along with his mercenary company his 2 companions (Caggo, lvl 46 and Denzo D'han, lvl 43) you can find discovering AWOIAF. (No longer a hero character as of 2.0)
- Brienne of Tarth
- Dick Crabb
- Dacey Mormont
- Hagen the Beautiful
- Mya Stone
- Podrick Payne
- Princess Khiarai
- Syrio Forell
- Shagga son of Dolf
- Ser Beron Grey
- Ser Creighton Longbough
- Ser Barristan Selmy
- Ser Illifer the Penniless
- Ser Shadrich the Mad Mouse