If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: [3.6] Reached 2000 Day! Talks about bugs, changes and new ideas.  (Read 378 times)

Triandalf

Hello GoT Fans. First of all here is the proof that i indeed reached 2000 day in this mod (V.3.6). https://prnt.sc/kw4it6
I am playing with 0 cheats and on hardcore level. Details about my character and faction are here: https://prnt.sc/kw4lja  https://prnt.sc/kw4m2t  https://prnt.sc/kw4mh2
So yeah i have managed to conquer half of westeros, daenerys is my great ally and the white walkers have vanished.

I would like to discuss about bugs i have found, things that could change for the better, and about new stuff we can have in case produno
has the time and the will to make new versions and make this mod even better. If you are too lazy to read all of this better just check the "about new stuff
stuff" i wrote for you.

---- ABOUT BUGS

This mod is incredible.. Its almost bug free.

1. There is a very rare bug which has happened to me no more than 5 times in 2000 days. In the sea while you are in a battle and the battle is over
there is a chance the game will crash and you will have to close it. If you play with saves you will have to lose all your saves. https://prnt.sc/kw4h1n

2. A bug that im sure that has happened to other players too is the reach lords who are getting stucked in the river close to oldtown. Once i saw 10+ lords
in there stucked like this. I guess it will be easier for me when i declare war against the reach...  https://prnt.sc/kw4npj

3. A big bug here is the house targaryen with king aegon targaryen.. as you saw in my previous photos there are two targaryen factions.
The targaryen faction of Aegon is like a ghost faction. No territory no wars nothing at all. Here is a photo of their faction. https://prnt.sc/kw4mtc 
I managed to find only one of their lords and when i asked him where all the rest are he didnt know. So yeah its a ghost faction with ghost lords. Either you fix it or not it doesnt make much difference to be honest.

I think thats all the bugs i have found. I dont really pay too much attention to small bugs so maybe there are more. if you have found more feel free to share them.

---- ABOUT CHANGES

There are some things that can be changed and updated to make the mod even better. I dont know if all of them are possible though.

1. The white walkers. I have talked about this before. I am on 2000 day and i have never fought against them to be honest because they are not a single threat to anyone.
They just end up vanishing by making battles vs randoms. The last time i saw night king he had 200 troops and 1000 prisoners. So yeah they need many updates for example
a) After they defeat a party all the troops and prisoners of that party should turn into wights to their army (if its possible) so they will be much more powerfull.
b) For a) to work properly and not just making them even more powerfull to beat, the wights should die by common weapons so it will actually make sense to fight against them  with your armies. just put them clothes with 100+ armor and its done. No point for us to lose our entire armies for nothing.
c) A risky update is to make them capable of besieging castles and towns and if they take them they just sack them and leave them empty. We have this option aswell. It can be their only option. Right now white walkers acts exactly like bandits... they are just much stronger.

2. Women who lead armies like Daenerys targaryen are presented as lords and its a bad thing. I dont know if its possible to change this but we should be able to marry them. We just wont have them in our court and we wont be able to make them our ministers because they are leaders of an army. We can just have an option to call them to follow us from our own minister so we can talk to them, fuck them and make babies xd.
And about feasts you can have an option to tell them that you are about to make a feast and they will go there with you alongside the rest of the lords of your faction. In this way you can also increase your relation with your wife to 90+ so you can have your child. You will still be able to take tasks from her and everything else you do with other lords. Although to be able to marry a woman like this you need to be a great guy. For example to marry daenerys who is the ruler of a faction you should need like 1000 renown, 200+ reputation, good relation with her etc. I dont know if all these are possible to happen though.

3. When you are a ruler of a huge faction like i am you need to have full control of your vassals. The prisoners stuff.. My vassals many times take prisoners which i would like to have. I think there should be an option to be able to take prisoners from other lords by paying them some money. Other lords can ask that. We should too. It would make things much better.

4. Lords executions... I mean i tried once to kill a lord of the westerlands to see whats gonna happen and you know what happened? the entire essos factions declared war
against me. The entire essos declared war against me because i killed a fucking lord of the westerlands.. you know that this makes NO sense. we should just have a very bad relation with the lords of the faction this lord belonged to maybe also lose a big amount of reputation and increase our renown a lot. There is no point on having an option to kill a lord with such penalties.

So yeah if hopefully new versions come out, these are the most important changes i would love to see.

---- ABOUT NEW STUFF

Oh dear i could write about new ideas the entire day.. but i think we need only one new thing now after the red wedding event.

1. More Jon Snow.  So produno put more quests for the wall with jon snow in it and thats lovely. What about Jon Snow becoming the ruler of the north and declaring war against the boltons? I will explain this a lot. So with the red wedding event popping up you cant just have the boltons rule the entire north.. it makes no sense it didnt happen either in the books or in the show. A new faction should be created named House Bolton where boltons rule winterfell and have some other vassals joining them. The north will have a new ruler (Manderly maybe?) and they will be at peace with the boltons (for a time).

So to have an invasion for jon snow first you need a good questline like the one for house targaryen invasion. So here are my ideas about the jon snow invasion questline.
First of all we need to avoid the wildings taking out castle black and auto declaring war against the north which would fuck up everything. So the best way to do this
is to have them at peace from the beginning. To be honest the wildings were hiding from the nights watch all this time so they werent fighting at all until the battle for the wall. All the quests which produno has at the moment for the wall are great. The only thing that should change for this to work is that after crasters keep quest jon snow doesnt become the lord commander. instead alliser will become the new lord commander or someone else. After the crasters keep quest we should have a new quest. The battle for the
wall quest. Mance rayder will gather his army and he will attack the wall like he did in the show and the books.

Our quest will be to support nights watch and defend the wall like any other siege. Nights watch will win anyways but if we die we fail  in the quest if we dont
and survive the entire battle we succeed in the quest and take our rewards. After we complete this quest mance rayder dies thenns die tormund becomes a prisoner
and the lord of bones becomes the new ruler of the free folk. Now i have never joined the free folk i dont even know if its a possible thing. If someone wants to join
the free folk he will just have the same quest for the battle for the wall but he will be an attacker instead of a defender. Free folk will lose anyways so yeah
no hopes for you guys. So as you can see we can have the free folk and the nights watch be at peace but still attack each other in this quest.

When the questline is over after an amount of days the event of jon snow invasion will pop up. The free folk lords will become vassals of the north with jon snow
as their ruler. Tormund can become either a vassal or just a companion of jon snow. And the great war for the north begins. With half the north and the entire territory
of the free folk i believe jon snow can easily beat the boltons and rule the entire north in the end.
And to make sure that jon snow will be the ruler of the north before the white walkers invade we can have their event begin after 150 days since the jon snow invansion event which will also begin after 150 days since we have finished with the battle for the wall quest.

---- CONCLUSION

I am a proffesional as a player in mount and blade and in this mod. I can bring new ideas and share my opinion about stuff but i dont know if some things are possible
to happen and i dont know how much time and effort they need to happen. i believe the jon snow questline and event is a possible thing and i would love to have it.
Oh and i would easily pay some money for it aswell. Let me know your opinion about all these and if you have any questions about anything just ask.
I am looking forward to a new version, with or without all this stuff in it.

Offline jipped

• Tester
  • Regular
    • View Profile
Re: [3.6] Reached 2000 Day! Talks about bugs, changes and new ideas.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »
Great ideas and good read.  I hope produno reads and responds because I agree, with a little more content/changes this mod would be G.O.A.T. level.

Offline Triandalf

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Targaryen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 05:57:43 AM »
Yep, its an amaing mod but it can always get better and better! with details like these and many others it will be the best ever!
Keep Calm And Dracarys

Offline thewalnut

• Tester
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:14:52 AM »
idk how you people feel about this mod really, but I for one think it's extremely unbalanced, and very biased towards horse-archery.

I've came up with a very simple formula for revamping all armor, but it's so much legwork to tweak it through Morgh's that it's taking me an eternity.

Basically I've divided all armors into 4 tier categories and by graphics (instead of randomness) I've separated torso armor into 9 parts, greaves/boots into 3 parts and gauntlets/gloves into 2 parts.

The formula goes like this:

+8 armor score per each t4(plate) armor part for both gauntlets and torso
+12 armor score per each t4(plate) armor part for boots/greaves.

full plate with body coverage results in 72 armor and half the max value for greaves on Leg armor (18 armor) (akin to ACOK) making you practically a tank
full plate boots result in max 36 armor
full plate gauntlets in 16 armor

These values make armor less redundant and actually play a part, it also is the best approximation to realism achievable in M&B regarding armor values, dmg types and etc.

I've fixed in my game all "Greatswords" (which are not greatswords at all) to the left-hip so the glitchy straps when carried on back stop pestering my line of sight (it looks ridiculous)
Longswords were made one/two handed as per their name instead of locked as 2 handers. Same for all other two-handers except the ones named "Greatsword", simply because it made zero sense.

I'm still dabbling with armor values for helmets that make them functional, currently most of them are quite useless tbh, but I still have no formula.

All in all, these simple changes with a proper adjustment to armor prices (increased prices for plate, and decreased for mail) will probably make the game much more balanced, but there's still need to change through the module system the scripts for "heavy/medium" armor, for mail should be all medium armor not heavy, unless they carry plate parts on them, but still even so it wouldn't hinder your movement as much realistically, making the debuffs nonsensical for mail.

I've also dabbled in changing horse HP, and I think all horse HP should be increased, Destrier having the highest at 170, while the other races having less but more than they carry currently. Also, no matter what armor, if the race of a horse is X all should have the same HP values.

Fire Arrows were changed to do bonus dmg to shields (only makes sense), and increased piercing flag (this one for the piercing bolts too)

That's it.

With these simple changes Horse Archery isn't as stupidly overpowered, and you won't get one-shot by random bandits when in full plate... It also makes melee combat less gamey and unrealistically "hard".

Anyway, my suggestion is to completely overhaul the balancing of the items in the game, make more "faction" items into merchandise and finish adding overlooked and currently unavailable gear that's only in-game eating up resources for no reason at all (currently)

So, make faction specific items rarer through normal markets, but available none-the-less, while faction specific markets have the complete list of exclusive items instead of just the most worthless ones...

Code: [Select]
Armor formula chart:

Torso:
9 armor parts

Gloves/Gauntlets/Mittens:
2 armor parts

Values:

1-2 for cloth
3-4 for padding/leather/fur
5-6 for mail
7-8 for plate

Greaves/Boots:
3 armor parts

Values:

1-3 for cloth/padding
4-6 for leather/fur
7-9 for mail
10-12 for plate

These changes make armor work more like in ACOK / 1257 AD mods, which in turn make for a much more pleasant and realistic reflection of armor and how to fight against armor. Sure, valyrian steel should still be viable against those, but anything cut-centered becomes practically useless against plate armor, and you either carry tons of momentum into strikes to beat the armor with swords, or you use stabs / maces / spears / piercing ranged. In this manner, PC and NPC alike will become practically unkillable by peasant mobs (which's realistic, and if you play with stamina, well, you will end up vulnerable if you try to tank an army of peasants and end up defeated). Plus, such changes make archery less overpowered, making it more interesting and tactical how one approaches full armored fighters... I simply love that style of M&B tbh, and I think that anything that's not like that sucks, but that's my opinion...

I didn't add variables considering quality in my item_kinds1 because I don't feel like it's worth the hassle for me, but if the author is interested, the fluctuating values could reflect both quality and age of the equipment.
As I've mentioned before, I'm still working on finding helmet values that reflect the god-like immunity they grant to head dmg so it's not only more realistic, but also less unbalanced against hunting-bow headshots which usually are OHK...

Along with all those changes I'm making, I've also fixed the Valyrian Blades acquired through the Valyrian Rock given by John Snow so they work like proper longswords (one/two handed)

As for weapons I still need more thorough testing, but I'm inclined to suggest adding proper dmg regarding how the blade taper is shaped. Narrower taper = much higher puncturing dmg than cutting, and vice-versa... By doing such it's easy to define swords to work as all-round-purpose/anti-armor/self-defense unarmored. Simply adjusting the dmg values to reflect their appearance is easy enough to do, and very useful + realistic.

Armor weight penalties should be adjusted too, so Mail is Medium Armor instead of Heavy.

Now, suggestions not balancing related:

Improve the texture coloring for Generic Valyrian Blades to look more realistic/metallic and less cartoonish grey/purple.
Add damascus steel waves to all iconic Valyrian Blade textures, specially Long Claw (it's not our fault that the TV show's art director is so bad to the point of ignoring the most important characteristic that makes Valyrian steel recognizable in the books)
Make Targaryen black armor look less weird (remove that neck thing, make a proper knight helmet, I'd suggest simple retex of the Reach Knight Helmet into black/red)
Unburden the mod by removing unused resources
Unburden the mod by removing less-used and less-liked gear (probably most of the generic helmets attached to mail coifs like the flat steel helmet for instance)
Switch Danny's sword for Darksister instead of Blackfyre (just a thought, not a necessity really, but it'd make things more unique)
Make the milanese sword into Needle (srsly, it looks the part) or simply get rid of the resource.
Add all faction gear as merchandise except for banners, but make them rarer.
Change Banner dmg to puncturing, increase it's damage, add the overhead spear move, maybe add the ability to swing for blunt dmg.
I'd also (but that's just me probably) make all "racial exclusive" content available to any races as long as you meet certain requirements, like the ability to acquire the Warg, or the Giants...

------------

Wild suggestion:
The quest that leads to acquiring the "free castle" could be improved in such a way that you uncover a whole kingdom through a questline, basically more of the same with some story, but adding a town, a port town, and at least 4 more castles... That'd be neat as hell...

PS: Hope that someone reads this, and also that someone answers, my suggestions are well based and I am 200% that such changes would please all regarding balancing, even those who may complain about my ideas, I mean, I've been playing warband since it's release, and this kind of balancing is the best suited for the game under any settings... Also, I guarantee to anyone who never played under such balancing rules, you will fall in love with it  ;)

Important Note:
All the proposed changes I can do myself, except for my "wild suggestion", problem is that I both don't have access to the module nor do I have the proper tools (currently I don't have photoshop, but even if I did I've never managed to make dds plugins work properly)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:23:54 PM by thewalnut »

Offline Triandalf

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »
i am sure produno could use your help! make a post about this one the modding forum. i like most of your ideas! there are many many things to change in this mod to make it so much better! its already for me the best mod out there but it can always improve. Lets see what produno is all about.
Keep Calm And Dracarys

Offline thewalnut

• Tester
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:44:42 PM »
i am sure produno could use your help! make a post about this one the modding forum. i like most of your ideas! there are many many things to change in this mod to make it so much better! its already for me the best mod out there but it can always improve. Lets see what produno is all about.

Done... Anyhow, I'll see to acquiring some image editor so I can play with the dds textures myself, if I manage to do so properly I might be able to "fix" all the textures myself. Same goes if I managed to properly nifscope some armors... I mean, it usually isn't all THAT hard to make the changes I've suggested, as long as one knows what he is doing and the meshes aren't a mess... But I'll only really do it thoroughly if it's to be added into the official patch, otherwise I see little point at making such effort, in fact I'm even reluctant to make the item value changes due to how much of a chore that is, but then again I don't really like the current balancing, so I'm doing it, slowly, very very slowly. If Produno answers and is willing, I might be able to make custom swords for the mod too, I am aware that Krag makes most of the best gear, but I'm not a replicator, more of a independent creative mind here, so I can create upon lightly mentioned valyrian swords through book sources...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 02:48:59 PM by thewalnut »

Offline Triandalf

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 01:36:22 PM »
Cool! Produno sometimes answers to comments so hopefully he will answer to you too. Im looking forward to the new version! And its coming soon!
Keep Calm And Dracarys

Online Produno

• AWOIAF Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lord Commander
  • AWOIAF Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Faction: The North
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »
I have been slowly going through all items and even troops and starting to change them. I agree all armours and weapons need some balance but this is a pretty big task!

So far for the next update I have gone through all the main troop trees and adjusted the armours where needed, this turned out to be quite a few. I have also adjusted some of the meshes, so the greatsword has the straps removed, the other swords should now show the pommel removed correctly on LOD's. Infact I had to remove LOD's on some of these for now until I work out how to add vertex animations without having to do every frame separately for every lod (If someone knows how then please let me know :))

As for your armour values, I think they are too high, one of the things I hate about ACOK is the high armour values. Sure, here they could be a bit more for some but not by much.

A couple of other things;
Fire arrows wouldn't necessarily cause more damage to shields, they are still the same arrows but on fire. That's if the fire does not extinguish before they even hit the shield.
Not all Longswords are one or two handed. A Longsword could actually be anything - I done plenty of research on this to make sure the names were correct. So a Longsword could be One handed or Two handed or it could actually be both but then it would be a Bastard sword or a Hand and a Half sword. There are plenty of arguments about this on the internet though so for the purpose of this mod Longswords are just a Long Sword or a sword that is long, whether its One handed or not doesn't matter.

Lastly, you are more than welcome to help and any help to balance the mod is definitely appreciated, though we need to come to an agreement so neither mine or your time is wasted.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:03:56 PM by Produno »

Offline thewalnut

• Tester
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 02:39:33 AM »
I have been slowly going through all items and even troops and starting to change them. I agree all armours and weapons need some balance but this is a pretty big task!

So far for the next update I have gone through all the main troop trees and adjusted the armours where needed, this turned out to be quite a few. I have also adjusted some of the meshes, so the greatsword has the straps removed, the other swords should now show the pommel removed correctly on LOD's. Infact I had to remove LOD's on some of these for now until I work out how to add vertex animations without having to do every frame separately for every lod (If someone knows how then please let me know :))

As for your armour values, I think they are too high, one of the things I hate about ACOK is the high armour values. Sure, here they could be a bit more for some but not by much.

A couple of other things;
Fire arrows wouldn't necessarily cause more damage to shields, they are still the same arrows but on fire. That's if the fire does not extinguish before they even hit the shield.
Not all Longswords are one or two handed. A Longsword could actually be anything - I done plenty of research on this to make sure the names were correct. So a Longsword could be One handed or Two handed or it could actually be both but then it would be a Bastard sword or a Hand and a Half sword. There are plenty of arguments about this on the internet though so for the purpose of this mod Longswords are just a Long Sword or a sword that is long, whether its One handed or not doesn't matter.

Lastly, you are more than welcome to help and any help to balance the mod is definitely appreciated, though we need to come to an agreement so neither mine or your time is wasted.

I understand the distaste some WB players have towards high armor amounts, but then again high armor amounts are closer to a realistic physics response from the game. Puny hits with no momentum = 0 damage (which happens a lot in cluster f***s if the opponent or you do not possess appropriate close quarters weapons). That's why I've buffed up all weapon dmg values and speed, in fact no swords have less than 87 speed in my modification... I've thoroughly tested the new values and they work wonders with VC's built-in critical calcs. So, flaking your opponent or hitting him with good speed while the opponent himself is mid-way of an attack, makes them get harshly punished, same for the player (so if you are just a swing-spammer you are doomed), on the other hand you can actually tank puny opponents without getting unreasonably pwned. Peasants are a joke with such armor values (as long as you are wearing heavy armor), but if you either tire yourself or let yourself get surrounded, you will die (get unconscious) and win yourself a couple of wounds in the process...

Valyrian is as effective as I've predicted, it really ravages any opponent, unless such opponent's wearing the top tier armor pieces and you have no clue how to carry momentum into an attack. Yet, considering the higher speed for Val weaps, it's kind of hard not to build up enough momentum for a damaging attack, yet, you won't HK them.

Medium armor combat became more interesting, it's much like a samurai thing, the fighter who hits first usually wins, so it's back to the bones of the mod without any modification, so you'll rely on speed rather than sheer force.

Light armor is for archery, period. You won't fight appropriately anything on melee with light armor, so the best bet is to carry an extremely fast side weapon + shield, or a spear for distance advantage.

All three are possible, all three can beat one another, but the buffs on helmets made so that it isn't as easy to slaughter archers, even when they are wearing light armor. For that the player needs to hit the correct spot with the correct weapon, or, make more than one drive-by per enemy. The helmets have virtually all the same armor value, between 50 and 60, all of them are possible to beat because of the head-shot calculation.

Oh, forgot to mention, it is possible to HK tanks, as long as you carry enough momentum and uses a beast of a weapon by using overhead attacks or you use puncturing stabs with high speed.

Imho it's quite fairly balanced now, and it makes more sense to use blunt or puncturing weapons against armored targets than swords, still, as I've said, Valyrian does the job without much issue, and since I've turned all 2h swords into one/two-handed longswords respecting the taper of each model, and adjusted dmg for arming swords with the same parameters (considering taper), you now have swords specialized in puncturing stabs, which are meant to beat armor (much like in medieval times). (the only swords not changed were the Valyrian generic Greatsword, still 2h only, Ice, and I think I've left Heartsbane out too)

As for nomenclature of weapons, I can point out articles that explain those better, semantically longswords are swords that are long, but technically they are not, all long-swords are either hand-a-half swords / bastard swords / two-handed swords. And all of those can be used both one-handed and two-handed without any noticeable hindrance.  As for Greatswords, well, those would be anything bigger and heavier than an Scottish Claymore. Claymore's suck to be used one-hande because they are heavier than the usual longswords, but they can and were used like that historically. They are kind of the last stance of a longsword. Greatswords were Espadones', Zweihanders (the classical ones with pointy geometry in the blade near the handle), etc. All of those were used to fight pikes, not swords, and were battle-field weapons, not self-defense weapons to be carried while traveling. Sure, this is a game and we will carry greatswords no matter what, but then again, they were massive beasts, even capable of chopping all four legs of an moving horse. The best in-game length representation for those is anything from 130 length and beyond. (although I'd dig 120+ for them too). Greatswords are always at least the size of the fighter, or taller, anything smaller than that is a longsword, and can be used with one-hand (even if very difficult to do so).

So, technically, adding the capability of one/two-handed for all Longswords is a feature, specially because it allows the player to carry a shield (even if making offense ineffective) to cover from arrows in both the Battlefield and in Sieges, which's pretty fair tbh, makes the game less cumbersome in some aspects. Armor, well, now you won't die from single shots, but if you charge head-on without a shield even in the best plate upgraded into Lordly (amassing the sheer amount of 78 armor) you will die... I've tested it, and it's beautiful hahaha

Regarding arrows, well, flaming arrows on a shield can put the shield on fire, so it makes sense for those to have a bonus dmg to them, since they have less dmg than the best arrows, it isn't unbalanced, same goes for the penetration modifier, heat makes metal less stiff, so flaming arrows do penetrate better on armor (it'd be best if we could add chances for both, but then again M&B is too limited in those regards). Such buffs make so archers don't become obsolete against heavily armored opponents, it's a feature too... Although I was thinking about creating more branching ammo options, with piercing arrows (less dmg, more effective against armor), broadhead arrows (extremely high dmg, very low penetration), hooking arrows (to defeat shields by adding too much weight to those, simulated by having bonus shield dmg), etc... Arrows did indeed penetrate mail at some cases without much trouble, but realistically speaking no arrows can penetrate plate armor / coat of plates no matter what you do, unless it accidentally hits a gap (which's really difficult, nearly impossible on moving targets, and standard coat of plates had zero gaps that arrows were capable of penetrating), but as I've said, this is a game and there's a need for the arrows to beat armor somehow, even if by arrow type only...
Consequently, the changes in Fire Arrows made the Night's Watch a force to be reckoned as a ranger goes. They do have the capability of defeating an heavy cavalry as long as they have terrain advantage. Without those buffs, they were easy preys, which doesn't make much sense to me at least.... Considering their armor is bad, even the best one, they are now more of a glass-canon type of troop, while Reach Knights and Stormland Knights are tanks through and through... Westerlands became pretty strong (their knights I mean), too, but they have disadvantage when posted against stormland and virtually an 50/50 balance when against Reach Knights. Idk, I like that tbh...

And even with all those changes, without modifying anything on Unsullied, they still destroy all of them, as long as you know how to use formations appropriately, although now you may suffer more casualties.... I think it's fair tbh, you know, in the TV show they did suffer significant casualties taking Lannisport and Casterly Rock didn't they? hehe

I still owe testing Faceless Men though, haven't had the chance yet, when I do we'll see if they need some buffing, but I doubt it...

Feature-wise I think there should be some player house-guard tree that gives weapons to fight against the Others (white walkers), it'd be neat and add some interesting alternatives to dealing with the invasions, making the player a pivotal piece to stop said invasions (makes for great gaming experience imo), specially if said troops were to be unlocked through some questing locked behind conditions like being a Lord or a King... Potential follow-up for Varys maybe!? Or a way to explore Sam Tarly?! Idk, if made into a quest I'd make it so that you need to requisition Obsidian from Dragonstone, pay some dues, train troops to use obsidian effectively, etc...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:13:03 AM by thewalnut »

Offline thewalnut

• Tester
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 04:38:18 PM »
me again

I've gone through a playthrough (incomplete one for testing) and I've found out that the armor values are a tid bit exhagerated for some units, don't get me wrong, it can still work out as intended, but it'd require a buff on all units equipment for that (not archers, I mean elite units).

Since I've refused to tweak unsullied troops, I've came across a very interesting result when fighting the boltons. In fact, they were able to outclass the Unsullied without much issue. The reason behind that are two, and either being changed would balance things back into place: The unsullied equipment (can be buffed without much problem), and the massive amount of elite troops lords are carrying around.

Imo, the latter should be addressed in a patch rather than buffing equipment itself. In said save-game (after all the natural events unfolded) Bolton has multiple fiefs, and he's parading around with a whooping 750 men army, of those at least 100 are House Hold Guards, which makes it very cheaty and kind of unrealistic for the AI. I can pitch and change gear on Unsullied to match said crazy AI resources, but that'd make Unsullied unbeatable... That alone is cheesy cheating for Bolton's and the North. The results of said unbalance troop amounts are that the North has conquered all of the Iron Islands, and are winning wars against anyone that isn't the Westerlands (which they don't wage war unless I unlock the Static system). I mean, both Westerlands and the North have lords with too many elite troops. As a player you won't be able to carry as many elite as they are, there's not enough income for that, and that alone makes things bad... I had no clue of that issue before I went on this testing play, because I had never actually reached end-game within this mod...

For now I'll change all my calculations so that Lordly Armors have at most 72 pts (that should do it, enough to be a middle ground maybe?!) and I'll reset all changes in the process and start over. Still, what's paramount is that all armor is made balanced between tiers (medium must have virtually the same amount, as well as heavy and light armors. Currently there are light armors that surpass Medium, and Medium armors that surpass Heavy, that doesn't make much sense and it makes choosing gear by appearance a bad move, makes it so everyone uses the same gear over and over again)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:21:15 PM by thewalnut »

Online Produno

• AWOIAF Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lord Commander
  • AWOIAF Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Faction: The North
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
I have started to adjust all armours using a similar equation to the one posted here by thewalnut and should be done tomorrow. I shall then upload to the testers section for feedback.

Quite a few of the heavy armours have been moved down as they were incorrect and pretty much all armour values have been changed. Prices and weights still need to be adjusted though.

Offline Triandalf

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
Thats cool produno! How about all the stuff i mentioned at the start of the post? Changes and new ideas to put in the mod and make it even more awesome!
Keep Calm And Dracarys

Offline thewalnut

• Tester
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
I have started to adjust all armours using a similar equation to the one posted here by thewalnut and should be done tomorrow. I shall then upload to the testers section for feedback.

Quite a few of the heavy armours have been moved down as they were incorrect and pretty much all armour values have been changed. Prices and weights still need to be adjusted though.
I'm eager to hear people's feedback on that  :D