If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Poll

Does anyone want Kingsguard to become your companions when you become King?

Yes
7 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Kingsguard join King of Seven Kingdoms  (Read 62 times)

Offline TheSkyLord

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The North
Kingsguard join King of Seven Kingdoms
« on: July 13, 2018, 02:43:08 AM »
Can there be a way for Kingsguard to become companions of whoever is the King of the Seven Kingdoms? I really want them but I can't find Joffrey now (he is the only Westerland Lord left and now King of Westerlands but I can't find him - his faction has no castles). Also is there a way for you to put other people in Kingsguard eg Ser Barristan Selmy?

player

Re: Kingsguard join King of Seven Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 07:48:58 AM »
When you own kingslanding ,you can buy guard's armor x2 ,then your npc just look like kings guard.

And I learned form here to get Joffery 's guards. I get 7 of them at most. Only the huntdog is special.

Online Dunk the Castle Wall

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »
Hello!

I would suggest going on a scouting mission to find where the kingsguard has been jailed, as this is their likely fate. If you are playing Static Wars they are most likely to be stuck in a Riverlands or Northern prison. Four out of seven were in Winterfell on my current play through.

Ser Barristan is a companion and as such you can treat him as one of your kingsguard, seeing as there is not much special about the seven current ones in the first place. Just never give him any land due to the vows of the kingsguard and purchase kingsguard armour from King’s Landing and he is good to go. You could also rename the bodyguard unit to kingsguard and have only seven there at any given point.

If Produno were to change the mechanics of obtaining the kingsguard I would suggest it still being difficult, but that you would get a decent chunk of right to rule, renown and honor which would make a lot of sense in universe.

Hope this was of help!
Dunk the Thicc
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:51:40 PM by Dunk the Castle Wall »

Offline meldragon

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 03:55:26 PM »
As far as I know, Produno tried to do that, but there are allways some issues with them...

For now the best thing is to buy King's Guard's armor and give them to your companions as it was allready mentioned.
Valar issi Targaryen.

Offline TheSkyLord

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:07:02 AM »
Ok Thanks

Offline Egg The Small One

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Targaryen
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 09:29:26 AM »
Actually I wote yes ,but then I start to think - Kings-guards was made a promise to fight for king life until they die . Technically , if there is new king, then Kings-guard are failed , and I don`t like idea that they go to the new king, like Jamie Lanister, not all of them is like that .

Offline meldragon

• Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 10:25:16 AM »
Actually I wote yes ,but then I start to think - Kings-guards was made a promise to fight for king life until they die . Technically , if there is new king, then Kings-guard are failed , and I don`t like idea that they go to the new king, like Jamie Lanister, not all of them is like that .

Yeah, and to be fair ser Jamie is the only one of them that I actually like...
Valar issi Targaryen.