If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: My thoughts on Ser Gregor Clegane  (Read 226 times)

Offline Dunk the Castle Wall

• Recruit
    • View Profile
My thoughts on Ser Gregor Clegane
« on: July 11, 2018, 11:00:24 PM »
Hello,

I am currently testing a lot of things on a cheat-save. I am primarily looking for the members of the Kingsguard (found 4 at Winterfell, the rest are probably currently off the map after being taken prisoner and recently escaping(?)), but I decided to also test certain mechanics and see if I could find something insightful. To test the "Send to the Wall" mechanic I decided to head over to the meanest man in all the Seven Kingdoms, Ser Gregor Clegane.
https://imgur.com/5OseUnr
As you can see the effects are generally -25 relation with all the lords of the Kingdom the Lord/Lady belongs to, as well as getting some items (of course most of you know this due to this being the route to getting some of the Valyrian swords!), and a decent chunk of renown. The renown is probably based on the Lord/Lady's renown, as sending the Vampire to the wall gave 100 as compared to 92.

Thoughts about the mechanic: I really like it, however if it were possible for the relation drop to be influenced by the relationships and relations of the Lord/Lady in question that would make it even better. For example Ser Gregor being a debouched Lord means he has a lot of enemies within the Westerlands, and those should perhaps not be as upset as some of the Lords who like him. It seems the rule is -25 to all Lords, though the relation of 1 Lord not in the previous screenshot, Renford Rykker only went down by 22 (-45 -> -67). Any thoughts on why Produno?

Thoughts about the items dropped: This is the reason I made this post. I have nothing against the look of the armour, it is directly based on Ser Gregor's first appearance in the TV-series, so I can't really complain can I!However the armour is not OP enough! It should be a lot better than any other armour in the game in terms of defenses. Ser Gregor wears armour that is too heavy for any other mortal man, he has to ride a stallion due to being so heavy. Here are some pictures comparing the armour to another set, both upgraded to Lordly. https://i.imgur.com/zryIMXC.jpg https://imgur.com/Kk1nhxO
As you can see the armour dropped by Ser Gregor has +6 head, +2 in body and legs, and the plate armour actually weights 4 less! (Stats are 66 head armour for the helmet and 62 body/42 leg armour for the plate, both at Lordly as previously mentioned)
My suggestion is to make this armour extremely strong, but to require a ridiculous amount of strength (40+). This would also mean Ser Gregor would need to get his strength increased, but our favourite 8 foot mad man deserves it to be depicted more accurately, he should be perhaps the most OP warrior in the entire mod. And to further this I recommend one more change: Make a unique sword for Ser Gregor. The main idea is that he is so large that he would wield a sword that in the hands of any other man would be a two-handed greatsword in one hand and a shield in the other. In other words take a greatsword and make it two-handed one-handed and unique to Ser Gregor. Furthermore this weapon should be able to break through blocks, as Ser Gregos is immensely strong. This should of course also be gatekept by an immense strength requirement, in addition to the cost in terms of relation when sending him to the wall, as well as having to hold King's Landing (or killing him which has even higher costs).

These are very minor changes and I think they would make for some fun gameplay. I leave you with this quote from the AWoIaF(books)-wiki:

Gregor is well known for his size, cruelty, and prowess in battle. Gregor is extremely tall (he is close to eight feet in height or 2,4 meters). He has "massive shoulders and arms thick as the trunk of small trees", and a voice like stone breaking. Gregor weighs over thirty stone (420 lbs, or 190 kgs), nearly all of it muscle, making him near inhumanly strong. Gregor's strength allows him to wield a six-foot, two-handed greatsword with just one hand, giving him enormous reach while still wielding a shield. Such is the power of Gregor's strength that he has been known to hack men in half with just a single blow.
https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gregor_Clegane

Regards,
Dunk the Lunk

Edit, TL;DR: Make his armour stronger and give him a greatsword he can wield in just one hand, as this would better fit with canon than the current setup and make for fun gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:07:20 AM by Dunk the Castle Wall »

player

Re: My thoughts on Ser Gregor Clegane
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »
About strong , I think gentleman Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg has somethin to say :P

I like your idea .

Offline meldragon

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The North
Re: My thoughts on Ser Gregor Clegane
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »
Dude, thanks to U I know what to change next in morgh's editor... :)
Valar issi Targaryen.