If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: Ship Sails  (Read 126 times)

Offline Montblanc

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Targaryen
Ship Sails
« on: May 03, 2018, 04:11:07 AM »
Which files in the textures folder can be replaced that change ship sails? As far as I remember the mod has 1 custom sail with the Greyjoy sigil, if I wanted to use other custom sails, which files exist that can be replaced, I only saw 1 for green sails, but the game as some more other sail types, including custom which is actually a blank, white sail. The problem is I can't find which texture files correspond to what we see in the game.

PS: I think I may have asked this before, but can't remember for sure so here is a thread.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Offline King J

• Tester
  • Squire
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Sails
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:07:15 PM »
I have 9 different sail files in my texture folder, including the plain and the greyjoy one. Maybe the .dds files are connected with the wrong software so you can not open them properly or can't see them as pictures?
I use paint.net for editing/changing them.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:12:39 PM by King J »

Offline Montblanc

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Targaryen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 11:03:06 AM »
I see, my problem was that that folder has so many image files that I wasn't able to properly locate them there. Now with your post I can see where I may mess with this issue. I've also seen shortly after I made this post that editing the sails in game is pretty hard, but I'm aiming for a much simpler method of replacing the default images with custom ones.

Tyvm for your post and help.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Offline King J

• Tester
  • Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 05:12:10 PM »
You're welcome

With paint.net you can copy/paste any .jpg or other image files into the sail.dds. Same goes for banners if you want to edit them.

Offline snofla

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Free Cities
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 12:38:53 PM »
Hi,

I just stumbled over a similar issue, as there is a custom sail to choose in game, which appears to be plain white.

As I don't want to "trial and error" me through all white sails and probably fail in the end... I'd like to ask if anyone knows (and can tell ;-P) which .dds i would have to edit to change it.

Offline King J

• Tester
  • Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:28:48 PM »
Most probably the krag_sail_plain_DIFF.dds. At least this one is plain white. But you don't necessarily need to edit the custom one. You can edit any of them, just replace the one you like least.