If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: The North Remembers and other ideas  (Read 193 times)

Offline meldragon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The North
The North Remembers and other ideas
« on: January 01, 2018, 07:25:49 PM »
First of all great work Produno! This mode is one of the best modes if ever played!

As for the main topic...
I always felt a little bit guilty attacking Starks just for having Winterfell(specially Ice), sometimes I wait and hope that some other factions will besiege Winterfell, but this is very unlikely so i figured out some resolutions for this and by doing it i figured out some interesting scenario... So is it possible to do:

- the Iron Islands attacking the North, but their main goal is Winterfell? (based on days passing in game, some time after Ned's death)

- after that there comes the Red Wedding and Robb dies. Rose Bolton or Ramsey Bolton is named the new liege of the North and his priority is to get Winterfell(just like Dany start's war against any faction holding King's Landing) Obviously the North also start's war against the Iron Islands, and make peace with the Westernlands. Meanwhile Freys are rebeling or taking over the Riverlands.

- Jon Snow is claimant to the North, always staying in the Black Castle with his Night Watch's gear and Longclaw. Player can start Jon's claimant questline called "The North Remembers" (only after finishing Sansa's escape quest that Jon will give to the player) that ends with Jon Snow giving Longclaw to player as a reward.

- Sansa's escape quest: (available only after talking to Jon Snow and after the Red Wedding event) player must go to King's Landing and free Sansa Stark. She is held in prison(simple opcion A) or in castle hall(harder option B). (The quest could be called "Lone wolf dies, but the pack survives" or something like that)

Option A: player can free her just like other lords in the game, afther that she's joining player's party.

Opcion B player must fight view Gold Cloaks after talking to Sansa(it can work like in case of bounty hunting in the villages), when player wins, he must talk to Sansa again and then she's joining player's party(like in ransom quests).

When player goes back to Jon Snow and talk to him, Sansa is leaving player's party and becoming lady npc(as usual). The Quest is completed and player can now start Jon's claimant questline. If player want to marry Sansa now, he must ask Jon Snow(not dead Ned).

This would give some fun playing it, also we could now dress Sansa Stark as we want to before potential marriage. Jon Snow will have much larger role to play in the mode, and we could get our hands on Longclaw finnally! :)

After thinking about it I figured out that it can be done with Valarr Blackfire to. I mean the sword as a reward part. He can give us the Blackfire sword as a reward for finishing his claimant questline. I think he's better suited to have Blackfire than Dany/Aegon. I also think he should have bigger role like claiming for the King's Landing for example, or all Essos, and his faction should be called House Blackfire, not Pentosi rebels/Pentos, and have the Blackfire banner. Last thing, when playing TV version, he should have some connections to the Golden Company.

Back in the North there are two things I would change:

First change: I would make Arya Stark a companion, not a lady(I wed her after 3.0 release, she's pregnant with my child and I feel bad for it couse she's so young) :( She could be find in Bravos only and she should have the Needle(looking like Bravosi sword?).

Second change: It would be better(i think) if there was no Ice sword in the game or at least in Winterfell. I would love to see Oathkeeper(In hands of Brienne, Jammie or Tywin) and Widow's Wail(in hands of Joffrey, Jammie or Tywin). Or the other choice is to put Ice in King's Landing and making some sort of a questline to find it, then player would have the opportunity to take it as Ice or reforge it as Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

I have also some minor ideas like:

- Dragonstone should start war against Free Folk in some time. (more lore friendly I guess)

- Possible death of Joffrey. (Just couse he is Joffrey)

- Possible death of Renly and unite of the Stormlands and the Dragonstone by rule of Stannis. (That would give a player opportunity to wed Margaery Tyrell)

- Rename kingdom's minister to hand of the king. (more lore friendly)

- Ellaria Sand as claimant to Dorne in TV version. (To do something in Dorne)

- Creation of new Lord's companion in form of Robin Arryn in Lysa's party. (So we could kick his anoying ass)

- Changing Ygritte as a companion to Tormund. (I think it would be a chance to not losing her when Mance is gone)

- Add Samwell Tarly as maester-like companion to find in Oldtown's citadel. (I just love the character)

- Add Rhaegar's harp to find in the Tower of Joy ruins. (I think it would be cool easter egg)

- Add unique crowns to all faction lieges. (a lot of work I know, but it would be great)

There You have it! I didn't know it would be so large when I started posting... ;) I hope some of my ideas will inspire Produno some day, or they will be something to talk about at least...
Valar issi Targaryen.

Offline Alex Aky

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: The North Remembers and other ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
Yes please!
Every idea is soo good and would improve the mod by more than 50%. And Jon should definitely have a bigger role than do basically nothing :))
What would really be a huge thing is beeing able to ask lord's companions to become your companions  (The Hound, Ygrite, etc.)
These ideas would be much better if implemented than random swords we can barely get to use.

Offline Aegeta

• Loyal Knight
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 09:53:26 PM »
This would be cool

Offline berkcemal

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:09:56 AM »
those are great ideas. i dont think they're too hard to add in the mod. 

Offline meldragon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
I'm glad you all like it! :) and I also think this would not be to hard, but I don't know all game mechanics so I could be wrong.
Valar issi Targaryen.

Offline Aegeta

• Loyal Knight
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:26 PM »
I'm actually looking into pledging to get this added lol.

Offline meldragon

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
Yeah I'm so angry on myself that I didn't knew this mod earlier... :/

Btw I though about some small and very very cool detale to add... Robb Stark should have direwolf by his side... :P (it would be nice if Sansa and Arya also had direwolfs, but that wouldn't be lore friendly).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:10:27 PM by meldragon »
Valar issi Targaryen.