If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: Scene making issues  (Read 719 times)

Offline thenorthremembers

• Tester
  • Regular
    • View Profile
Scene making issues
« on: October 01, 2017, 09:29:19 PM »
Has anybody experienced a very annoying scenario when creating a scene where you attempt to place an object next to another and it jumps around like it wont even get close without elevating 100ft in the air and doubling in size? Its making me rage quit so bad  >:(

Thanks in advance if you can help with this.

Offline Moose

• Donator
  • Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Iron Islands
Re: Scene making issues
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
I've had such a problem, when you remove a prop, and then try to place something on it's place.

It acts like if that prop was still there, and it places on top of it. Reloading the scene usually helps, but you could move camera very close to that place, it helps too.

If you have problems placing objects near each other, I'd recommend moving them after placing them, with "G" (and other movement keys). You can make way more accurate things this way.

• Tester
  • Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:11:43 PM »
Thanks a lot! Ill give your suggestions a try and see if it helps me  :) it can be so tedious reloading the scene all the time and if its a large scene having to move the camera so slowly all the way back where you're placing pops :/ I didn't know about moving them with g though, that sounds a lot better.

Currently trying to build a show version of winterfell thats looking amazing so far but it was slow progress with these issues :P

Offline Moose

• Donator
  • Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »
Good luck! Check this tutorial, especially the videos, it's quite handy.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,260147.0.html

• Tester
  • Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
Just to let you know, your suggestions helped a lot thanks! Placing first then moving with g is so much more accurate.

Thanks again.

Offline Moose

• Donator
  • Squire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 07:40:29 PM »
That's good to know.  ;)

I forgot to add, remember, that you can move camera faster if you tap "w" twice. Or you could double-click on a prop to move camera to it, but that sometimes causes crashes for me.
You can also move props with buttons T (height) and G, rotate with U and XYZ, scale with B, reset rotation with R.