If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: How To Keep Same Regional Village Recruits After Conquering Said Region?  (Read 711 times)

LostHope

What do I have to edit so that when I capture a castle\village in, for example the Reach(and I'm for example from the Westerlands) it still lets me recruit normal Reach troops? I really hate the fact that if I want to take over the 7 kingdoms I'm forced to end up with only one kingdom, since every other is literally exterminated and I can no longer get any other units except those from my faction :(

Offline dykjozo

• Loyal Levy
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: How To Keep Same Regional Village Recruits After Conquering Said Region?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:49:44 AM »
You can have special faction troops from several towns/castles/villages, tou can use morghs to modify troop trees a little - e.g. reach peasant to upgrade into reach levy and riverlands levy as well...

LostHope

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 11:29:55 AM »
You can have special faction troops

I know that mate, but that was not what I was asking :P

tou can use morghs to modify troop trees a little - e.g. reach peasant to upgrade into reach levy and riverlands levy as well

Again, I don't think you understand what I'm asking :P If I can't even get Reach levy, what does it matter if I change it's upgrade path or not? xD

My question is : how can I make the villages keep spawning the same units even after I conquered them. So if I'm a westernlander and I just conquered every single village\castle\city in the reach, what do I have to edit so that the villages in the Reach STILL spawn Reach units instead of Westerland units. This is just an example of course, the same applies to any other faction.

Offline dykjozo

• Loyal Levy
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »
I am sure it is possible , but would require to modify modsys, or if you know what those numbers in txt files mean...
Only way i know is using morghs - if you are westerlands and want destroyed factions unit (Reach) you can change the troop tree => westerlands peasant can be upgraded into west levy and reach levy (you Can create custom unit to get access to other lines - west peasant to west levy and custom levy and that levy into reach/riverlands levy and so on... ) I change path for pentos - from peasant to pentosi and crownlands levy

LostHope

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
I am sure it is possible , but would require to modify modsys, or if you know what those numbers in txt files mean...

I don't :P But was hoping someone here knew the way.

Only way i know is using morghs - if you are westerlands and want destroyed factions unit (Reach) you can change the troop tree => westerlands peasant can be upgraded into west levy and reach levy

That's a bit messy and immersion breaking in my opinion ^^' So I would rather use such a way only if I couldn't really find any other. Anyway, thanks for your help mate :)

Offline H3YimDR3W

• Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Free Cities

I don't :P But was hoping someone here knew the way.

Only way i know is using morghs - if you are westerlands and want destroyed factions unit (Reach) you can change the troop tree => westerlands peasant can be upgraded into west levy and reach levy

That's a bit messy and immersion breaking in my opinion ^^' So I would rather use such a way only if I couldn't really find any other. Anyway, thanks for your help mate :)

You would have to modify the modsys to change the conversion once the village is conquered, it's ALOT of work to be honest.
Got a question? PM me here. (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)