If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Author Topic: Improves bows and some others suggestions  (Read 221 times)

Junior

Improves bows and some others suggestions
« on: September 11, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

I can't register because my subscription fails each time and I'm starting to be lazy of trying it anymore...

But as a fair player of the AWOIAF 1.3 mod, there is some points that I would like to see in the next versions :
- Improves bows damages please! The first thing that I saw in this mod are the fact that being a bowman is really not fun at all. Even if the mod is based on Viking Conquest, this really need to be fixed and have better bows like in Pop, Perisno...
- Add the possibility to marry a female lord as a man. (Daenerys for example)
- Improves the bandit side ( the dark side) of the game, it is games of thrones, it is not really realistic or even so fun to be so goody goody : raiding villages = penalty, killing lords = penalty, keeping womens prisonners after taking a castle = penalty... It should be better to be able to do the whole game from his camp and raiding everyone so much fun !
- What abouts camp improvment ? Where I can find all this upgrages requirments ?

Well finally because there is not only improvement to do, I really enjoy to play at this mod despite the fact that without good bows I spend less time that I would on this MOD.

Thanks you to spen dso many time on it and keep it up guys :D

Offline Moose

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Iron Islands
Re: Improves bows and some others suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »
Greetings! ;D

In 2.0 changelog, it was noted that bows are already buffed.
Increased damage of bows and all throwing weapons.

Daenerys will be added in a form  of a king, not sure if you can marry kings.

You might like to read this thingie.
http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=33785.0

Bartelemys

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 10:21:41 AM »
Hello,

I do have some problems with bows and crossbows in this mod, but noting to do with the damage. Just the fact that the arrows and bolts go down soooo quickly ! It's like they weigh too much, after a few meters they're just exponentially attracted by the ground, which makes long range fights a real pain. The AI seems to be fine with it though, but I'd like to enjoy those weapons too ^^ Cause right now I am not. Well that's all for me about this subject.

Offline Junior

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
Hello,

I do have some problems with bows and crossbows in this mod, but noting to do with the damage. Just the fact that the arrows and bolts go down soooo quickly ! It's like they weigh too much, after a few meters they're just exponentially attracted by the ground, which makes long range fights a real pain. The AI seems to be fine with it though, but I'd like to enjoy those weapons too ^^ Cause right now I am not. Well that's all for me about this subject.

If you are able to tweak a bit with Morgh you can adjust shot speed to a missile speed that fits better for you :)
One other alternative is to take a look at my tweaks for ranged weapons : http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=34765.0

Offline Bartelemys

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »
Thanks you a lot pal \o/ ! It looks like the way bows work in Perisno, which is a great thing since it's my favorite ^^