If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Don't forget to support me on Twitter CLICK HERE

New Patreon news update
!!PLEASE READ HERE!!

Author Topic: New to modding and wanted to ask something here  (Read 708 times)

Offline Gattsu

• Loyal Recruit
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
New to modding and wanted to ask something here
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
Hello creators of World and Fire and Ice, I have been playing a lot this mod and wanted to alter a couple of things, for example add new shields and uniforms(Just like in the Series) for each House (minors included).

Now I have noticed some factions are using sub cultures/factions, such as the North having a Bolton faction and a Karstark faction and I wanted to expand on this feature by adding for example another culture such as the Mormonts. Using Morghs editor, I made the unit trees for the Mormonts, but how do I get them to use the castle guards, and the Lords to use those units.

From what I understood the Party template is where the script.txt looks up which units a Lord should recruit and also what culture recruits what troops and sets the cultures castle guards etc. Now my problem is how do I get that script.txt into a (decompiled) readable python code (.py), I searched the Taleworlds forum, but all I can find is how to do minor tweaks or how to set up a new Module based on Native.

Hope you can answer my life problems ^^,

Kind regards, Gattsu

Offline Ettenrocal

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: New to modding and wanted to ask something here
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:59:59 AM »
Hello maybe you can take a look in the module system of The Last Days mod how they did it for Gondor, each Gondor region got his own troops, like the thing you want. But i don't know much, very good feature indeed , that would be cool !

New Patreon news update
!!PLEASE READ HERE!!

Don't forget to support me on Twitter CLICK HERE