If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: New to modding and wanted to ask something here  (Read 404 times)

Offline Gattsu

• Loyal Recruit
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
New to modding and wanted to ask something here
« on: September 05, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
Hello creators of World and Fire and Ice, I have been playing a lot this mod and wanted to alter a couple of things, for example add new shields and uniforms(Just like in the Series) for each House (minors included).

Now I have noticed some factions are using sub cultures/factions, such as the North having a Bolton faction and a Karstark faction and I wanted to expand on this feature by adding for example another culture such as the Mormonts. Using Morghs editor, I made the unit trees for the Mormonts, but how do I get them to use the castle guards, and the Lords to use those units.

From what I understood the Party template is where the script.txt looks up which units a Lord should recruit and also what culture recruits what troops and sets the cultures castle guards etc. Now my problem is how do I get that script.txt into a (decompiled) readable python code (.py), I searched the Taleworlds forum, but all I can find is how to do minor tweaks or how to set up a new Module based on Native.

Hope you can answer my life problems ^^,

Kind regards, Gattsu

Offline Ettenrocal

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: New to modding and wanted to ask something here
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:59:59 AM »
Hello maybe you can take a look in the module system of The Last Days mod how they did it for Gondor, each Gondor region got his own troops, like the thing you want. But i don't know much, very good feature indeed , that would be cool !