If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: any point in joining a lords army at start?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Pruntyy

• Regular
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Westerlands
any point in joining a lords army at start?
« on: March 26, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »
started a new game with 8.6 and wanted to try out somthing, as lvl 1 joind in a lords army in the vale, i;m a pure noble heretage but i was taken in as a peasent...few weeks passed and i leveled one but nothing happens, just patroling arround, any point in this? any chence of getting some faction gear?

Berathen

Re: any point in joining a lords army at start?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »
If I know well, The Vale will start a war with The Reach and then you can rank up in your Lord's army. The peasant starting is because of the freelancer system I think. I hope this will help you a little.

Offline The Fierce Lion

• Recruit
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
If you wanted to fight you should probably have joined someone else than the Vale. I would say that the Lannisters and Tullys are the ones who sees most action together with the Ironmen and Starks, so you might want to try to join with one of these factions and you'll probably see a great deal of action.

Also sometimes you just want to kick some ass and not get bogged down with the logistics.  ;)

Leldran

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »
Just as added info, I noticed the best way to get promoted while being in someone's army is to choose a lord that rules over a city (not castle) and to go to the arena to fight.
At the beginning you won't knock many out but not only will you increase your weapon proficieny but sometimes you'll also make extra money and get xp to get promoted.

Offline Pruntyy

• Regular
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Westerlands
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »
Well found out, and yes its funn! tried out  few factions, but the vale again, can't reach the bloddy last rank on cavalery, is it possible or it is a bug?