If you don't receive an activation email after registration, then please post in the help and support section with your screen name

This mod will NOT work with a pirated copy of Mount and Blade Warband!

Check out the updated WIKI and register your interest in HELPING

Author Topic: Changing Companions name  (Read 86 times)

Nightmare

Changing Companions name
« on: May 27, 2018, 10:11:37 PM »
First iam new here so go easy on me  ;D ;D ok into the thing i changed my companions name in every mod i just open Troops Txt find the name of my companion change the name into something i like and after that i export my companion file then i change the name there too (based on a youtube video) and import it into the game but this mod i open the troops Txt i can't find any companion name and i want to change my companion name like i do every mod i play :D sorry to bother thanks on front iam having fun on this mod i like it its really better than acok in somethings

Offline King J

• Tester
  • Squire
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Companions name
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:54 PM »
Search for trp_npc in troops.txt. But I recommend morgh's editor instead of editing the .txt files directly. Much easier in my opinion plus you can do far more changes there.

Offline Montblanc

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Targaryen
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
First iam new here so go easy on me  ;D ;D ok into the thing i changed my companions name in every mod i just open Troops Txt find the name of my companion change the name into something i like and after that i export my companion file then i change the name there too (based on a youtube video) and import it into the game but this mod i open the troops Txt i can't find any companion name and i want to change my companion name like i do every mod i play :D sorry to bother thanks on front iam having fun on this mod i like it its really better than acok in somethings

I think you can do it directly in-game. When talking to them and looking their stats, or by going to the "Manage NPC" menu in "Camp Menu" and selecting the correct NPC character.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Offline meldragon

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The North
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 01:26:05 PM »

I think you can do it directly in-game. When talking to them and looking their stats, or by going to the "Manage NPC" menu in "Camp Menu" and selecting the correct NPC character.

Yeah, but it isn't permament. :/
Valar issi Targaryen.